As we all know, Food is life, Food is Heaven and keeping such life and haven away from anyone is a crime.
Guys, the tangy taste of tomatoes perfectly balanced with the sweetness of peas and slight spiciness of the onions. Isn’t it just listening to the description making your mouth water? The tantalizing aroma and the way it is beautifully served with some cashews and fresh coriander leaves only makes it that more appealing, and makes is that bit more hungry. So wasting no more time, we are here to share the recipe to this simple dish with you all.
So let’s get started and the ingredients needed are:-
For masala paste:-
Boil peas: – 150 grams
Blanched tomatoes: – 2
Butter: – 1 tsp
Few Cloves Garlic.
Small Piece Ginger
Green Chili: – 1
Onions: – 2 (chopped)
Turmeric powder: – ¼ tsp
Cashew nuts: – 6 to 8
Butter: – 1
Few whole spices (Cloves, Cinnamon and Cardamom)
Onion: – 1 (Chopped)
Chana Masala: – 1 tsp
Cumin powder: – 1tsp
Kasturi Methi: – 1tsp
Sugar ½ to 1 tsp
- First boil peas in some water with a little salt.
- Blanch 2 tomatoes and keep aside.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tsp butter. Sauté garlic, ginger, green chili and chopped onions.
- Add the blanched tomatoes and mix well. (Blanching is nothing but keeping the tomatoes in boiling water for an interval of time and them immediately being dumped under running cold water. Then resolve the skin of tomatoes and chop it roughly).
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder and salt 2 the mixture. Let it cook for a mixture.
- Add cashew nuts and give it a stir. Turn off the stove and keep the pan aside to cool.
- Once cooled, add a little water and grind it to a paste. Now it’s time to saute the second set of ingredients.
- Again, heat 1 tsp of butter in pan, saute cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and a chopped onion.
- Once the onion turns brown, add chana masala and cumin powder to the pan. Mix well.
- Add the ground masala paste, boiled peas, Kasturi methi and a cup of water to the pan. Let it boil.
- Season it with some salt. Finally add a little sugar to balance the flavors. Close the plan with a lid, and let the contents cook for 10 minutes.
- Your Matar Masala (Peas Masala) recipe is ready to be served. Have it with some hot chapatti for the best experience.
So, guys try this new recipe and share your experiences with us.
Author: Charu Arora